color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: Will The Post Print This?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Will The Post Print This?

From CRAZY POLITICO'S RANTINGS today... He asks all bloggers to go to his site and copy the whole piece to give it wide dissemination in the hopes that the Post will be "fair and balanced" and tell the other side...
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Will The Post Print This?

In yesterday's Washington Post, and editorial piece called "A Life Wasted" was printed, written by the father of a Marine who was killed in Iraq. I have no idea what it's like to lose a child in a war, but I have lost shipmates to terror. So while I mourn his loss, I disagree with Mr. Schroeder on Iraq being a waste.

A few weeks ago, the father of Sgt. Stokely wrote an article for Mudville Gazette on the loss of his son. He has expanded that article, and submitted it to the editors of the Washington Post as a rebuttal to Mr. Schoeder.

In hopes of fairness, and equal treatment of both points of view, I hope the Post will print his editorial piece also. He has given me permission to post here what he sent to the editors.

I thought I'd share my thoughts as the dad of an American Soldier killed in action four plus months ago, very near in time to Mr. Schroeder's son. My son was standing cover flank for two buddies checking out a suspicous location in the roadway while on patrol at 2:20 A.M. 16 Aug when an IED exploded. He was the only one killed. Two other soldiers suffered serious injuries and are now home on permanent medical leave and both are expected to make full recoveries after they finish med rehab and surgery.

Read (and copy) the rest... Crazy Politico's Rantings: Will The Post Print This?

Mike Stokley was a HERO to me and a Nation, and his father Robert is fast becoming a personal hero of mine.

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 11:00 AM , Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Thanks SSM.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home