color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: The More Things Change...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The More Things Change...

While our soldier son is home (unexpectedly) from Iraq, we still have the rest of Our Guys to worry about... Sent off packages late last week and have a few more ready to go... but this is in the news today from the AP on the MSNBC site:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military said Tuesday that four U.S. soldiers died in two roadside bombings near the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi and a fifth died in a blast north of Baghdad...
and we haven't heard from any of the Guys since last Monday when they called and spoke with Noah.. they haven't even been online so I'm worried... but since we haven't received any "Velvet Hammer" emails (notifications of a casualty in Noah's unit)... no news is good news ('cause bad news travels fast) so I'm just figuring they're plenty busy there...
Started receiving the truckload of Christmas catalogs we get each year and have been scanning for just the right Christmas tree to send the Guys... and looking for gifts that will be useful and fun for them... and decorations that will survive the journey... and calculating how far in advance I will have to bake the Christmas cookies and treats so that they get there in plenty of time... and we've decided that Noah should still get his deployment tree so the hunt for the perfect tree is now back on...
Yes, the more things change...
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

9 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 3:44 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

Please don't forget to let us know when you find the tree, as I would love to get one for my soldier.

Sure hope you hear from the guys real soon.

 
At 9/21/2005 6:36 AM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Hi Mom, Yes, yesterday was a bad day for me. I have been thinking about your (our) guys and Dan. I haven't heard from him for 3 days and he has not been on my site for 2 days. But like you said no news is good news. Glad to see your post. God Bless our troops.

 
At 9/21/2005 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that there are "black-outs" when there has been casualties, no outside communications, so that might be whats going on.

I'm so happy to see that Noah is home and doing well. Still praying here.

Take care

 
At 9/21/2005 7:54 AM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

I have 3 cookie recipes that ship great!!

Russian tea cookies
Monster cookies
chocolate revel bars

in fact the russian tea cookies, and chocolate revel bars have been shipped to 4 generations of "fighting" men on my Dear Husbands family.

Pack in coffee cans, filled with popcorn.....

I will try and round those recipes up for ya.

 
At 9/21/2005 8:05 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

We sent a package that way last week & have another going this week...I thought the same thing when I read the news report, but also know that 'no news is good news'...keep us posted.

 
At 9/21/2005 10:35 AM , Blogger rkttn said...

I am so glad Noah is home and doing better. Please let me know if you need help getting anything together. I have helped the lady I work for ship things to Iraq to her brother and fellow soldiers. She has a few recipes that seemed to do alright in shipping so far ahead of time for Christmas. I'd be happy to gather things up from here and ship them to you. Just send me a list of things you are looking for and I will try to get people here to donate stuff.

 
At 9/22/2005 7:46 AM , Blogger AtaiDanu said...

Came here by the way of several other blogs (can't hope to re-create my path).

Sorry to hear about Noah, glad that he's home and doing better. Will keep him in my thoughts.

 
At 9/22/2005 7:59 AM , Blogger barb pfister said...

I am still praying for you and Noah glad that he seems to be doing better. I know that the news can send you into a panic, especially if you don't hear from the people you know for a while. Just remember that you need to turn them over to God or you will drive yourself crazy with worry. And remember that we are all praying for our troops.

Barb

 
At 9/22/2005 5:44 PM , Blogger Al's Girl said...

So glad to hear that your Noah is doing better. You remain in my prayers! Thank you for the wonderful blog/writing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home