color: SOME SOLDIER'S MOM: He's Baaaackkk!

Sunday, June 26, 2005

He's Baaaackkk!

Whooohooo! He landed at Newark Airport at 1:30 this afternoon! (He left Iraq Thurs. morning -- Wednesday evening our time). I have to wait a week to see him, but he called as soon as he was boots on the ground! I don't know how to explain it, but the conversation was so light and different than the ones from Iraq (sigh).

I asked him about the best part of being home ... He said, "It doesn't smell here... and I don't have to worry whether someone wants to shoot me." He was really humbled by the number of people in Atlanta and Newark that patted him on the back, shook his hand and thanked him -- and the man that insisted he take his first class seat! He was, however, a little bummed that he couldn't drink the beer someone bought him on the plane -- he thanked the man but told him he couldn't drink in uniform (there was a Major seated behind him -- just his luck!) But I was assured that the situation (the beer, not the Major) would be remedied at the party being given for him this evening!

Just thought I'd spread a little of my happiness...
Copyright 2005. All rights reserved.

13 Comments:

At 6/26/2005 8:46 PM , Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

exhale...

 
At 6/27/2005 2:52 AM , Blogger devildog6771 said...

Army wife said it all!!

 
At 6/27/2005 7:37 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

You can now take a breath of relief. I know that you are excited, and I know you can't wait to see him. Enjoy the time you have with him. Tell him THANKS from another soldiers mom.

 
At 6/27/2005 9:30 AM , Blogger THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Glad to hear he made it back to safe ground. Enjoy the time you have and keep us updated....details!!!

 
At 6/27/2005 7:13 PM , Blogger StoicMom said...

Smiling with ya, Mom. Give him a big "Thank you" from the rest of us.

 
At 6/27/2005 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that feeling from 25 years ago! Ain't it great! Enjoy! Give him some cyber-hugs from us with our thanks!

 
At 6/27/2005 9:06 PM , Blogger JC Cole said...

BZ with this blog, I am glad I came across your blog. I am new to the blog I just created one recenty. I am a Navy Corpsman with third marines airwing in Miramar, I am going sent this to my mom...so she dont have to worry all that much when I go to Iraq.

 
At 6/28/2005 9:11 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

Beaming for you today!!! Enjoy having your boy home and hug him once for me!

 
At 6/28/2005 12:46 PM , Blogger Sean Dustman said...

Way cool! Congrats!

 
At 6/28/2005 3:02 PM , Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Thank God...and I am so happy for you. I bet you sleep good tonight.
I was very impressed also with the people in all the airports. I saw them thanking the soldiers, and there were alot of soldiers. I thanked a few myself. Some even seemed humbled by it all. God Bless our troops. Praying for safe travel for your son. Enjoy Mom, and hug the dickens out of that boy...oops I mean man.

 
At 6/29/2005 3:44 AM , Blogger NannyKaren said...

I am so happy for you. I am waiting for the day I too can take a deep breath of relief. Give yore boy a big hig for me.

 
At 6/29/2005 11:06 AM , Blogger MOM IS NUTZ said...

Please tell your son thank you from this family in Georgia! I am so glad he's home safe and sound. My best friend's son is leaving in August, I have no idea how you all do it...I get teary eyed every time I think of his leaving..he's just a kid...well, a kid that's a Marine...Semper Fi!!

 
At 6/30/2005 9:28 AM , Blogger Brian said...

A big hooah from a fellow Soldier. Tell him welcome home for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home